Need Vedge 2000 Device template

Currently have vedge 2000 devices running 19.2.2 not managed by vmanage, sitting behind a Pub IP and using PAT to these devices over the WAN to NCM.

I can not find a device template for Vedge 2000, only for vedge 1000 which when trying to take a running config will timeout (shows the PAT / AUTH is working).

Parents
  • Are the commands the same between the 1000 and 2000?  

Have you sent an SNMP walk into solarwinds so they can build the support for the 2000?  

• unfortunately when I do an SNMP walk from NCM server, it comes back with Decryption error so I haven't been able to poll them from NCM.

For the vedge 1000 device templated I used the shared template;

When using this template and attempting to do a test to the device using a connection profile, i get "Test failed, timed out"

• I would try SNMPv2 to start with just to prove it is serving SNMP gets.  

• Ok using version 2c with a Community, I can poll OID and the device now pass's the SNMP test.

It is showing more information than previously with no SNMP, highlighted:

• Ok updated: it is now polling using SNMP v2; 

How would I use this to get the right CLI device template; when using the interactive wizard.

Step 3 "general device access" it times out.

When I use the exact same Username / Password / Port using putty on the NCM server it works.

• You should be able to use the same template if the 2000 uses the same commands.  It sounds like the authenication may be off sync.  SHA-1 AESX?X start with 128 and see if you can move higher.  

• ok the commands are different for example; 

VEDGE 1000 

"<Command Name="DownloadConfig" Value="Show ${ConfigType}" />
    <Command Name="UploadConfig" Value="${EnterConfigMode}${CRLF}${ConfigText}${CRLF}${ExitConfigMode}" />
    <Command Name="DownloadConfigIndirect" Value="copy ${ConfigType} ${TransferProtocol}://${StorageAddress}/${StorageFilename}${CRLF}${CRLF}${CRLF}" />
    <Command Name="UploadConfigIndirect" Value="copy ${TransferProtocol}://${StorageAddress}/${StorageFilename} ${ConfigType}${CRLF}${CRLF}" />"

Vedge 2000

To copy from the router you would need to enter vshell 

"

vEdge# vshell
    vEdge:~$ scp filename .tar.gz  username@host-name:path-name"

I was hoping SolarWinds could auto detect the software and have the CLI for it 

• ok the commands are different for example; 

VEDGE 1000 

"<Command Name="DownloadConfig" Value="Show ${ConfigType}" />
    <Command Name="UploadConfig" Value="${EnterConfigMode}${CRLF}${ConfigText}${CRLF}${ExitConfigMode}" />
    <Command Name="DownloadConfigIndirect" Value="copy ${ConfigType} ${TransferProtocol}://${StorageAddress}/${StorageFilename}${CRLF}${CRLF}${CRLF}" />
    <Command Name="UploadConfigIndirect" Value="copy ${TransferProtocol}://${StorageAddress}/${StorageFilename} ${ConfigType}${CRLF}${CRLF}" />"

Vedge 2000

To copy from the router you would need to enter vshell 

"

vEdge# vshell
    vEdge:~$ scp filename .tar.gz  username@host-name:path-name"

I was hoping SolarWinds could auto detect the software and have the CLI for it 

Children
No Data