This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

impossible to use the api with a profile with admin privilege.

Hello everyone,

I opened a Case # 00865047 ticket with solarwinds because I couldn't use the API even with admin privileges. 

here is what I sent: 
I'm trying to create a script with powershell which allows adding segments directly in IPAM. I have a problem using some API verbs such as 'CreateSubnet', the account I use has admin privileges however I can't do it. to be able to run the script using the solarwinds api I had to use the solarwinds 'admin' account. we would like to understand where the problem comes from? we have indeed verified that the two accounts have the same read and write rights, we do not understand where the problem comes from
here is what they answered:

I have reviewed your case with my work colleagues. We do not support this, you will need to seek assistance from the Thwack community (https://thwack.solarwinds.com). If you need to use API, you will need to use admin right on SolarWinds not only IPAM Admin, so it's normal that you are unable to create subnet via Powershell.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for choosing SolarWinds! 

here is what i said next:
Hello,
when I speak of the solarwinds 'admin' account it is the account that comes by default with the product.
currently the problem is that even with an account with admin privilege I can't use the api.

here is what they answered:

You can test the login using SWQL studio (SDK). To test the account, RDP into the main poller, click on the start button, open the Solarwinds folder, search for Orion SDK. Use the same account and leave the server at localhost. If you are able to access with the same user/creds then the issue is something else. You would need to ask on thwack. Note we do not support custom scripts.

If the SDK is not installed. You can get the OrionSDK.msi from github.com/.../v3.0.0.309-beta
i try to do what they told me is with my account with privilege admin it doesn't work. it only works with the default solarwinds account. do you have an idea ??