This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to build custom configs for download

I have been reading exhaustively been trying to read the many manuals online and dig through forums to no avail.
What I was hoping to do is build a new type of config template to use for downloading.

The main reason I want to do this is to capture pieces of a CISCO device that are only available via specific commands. I was able to make a "Show Running-Config All" but that wont show me things like VTP Passwords or Version information. 

I have tried to add the XML command:

<Command Name="Custom Config" Value="version${CRLF}show vtp status${CRLF}"/>

This only seems to want to capture the Show Version portion but not the Show VTP Status.

Is this not possible or am I not using the correct syntax.

• used to have this in the past for a compliance check.
    I just build a new config type for this and had no issues.

I've included my custom template, but highlighted the part for VTP

You may have done some of these, but adding just in case.
    1. build new config type
    yoursolarwindsURL/ui/ncm/configTypes
    my was VTP_test, adn I set for Cisco Vendor

2. make a new device template
    yoursolarwindsURL/Orion/CLI/Admin/DeviceTemplate/DeviceTemplatesManagement.aspx

<Configuration-Management Device="Cisco Devices" SystemOID=" 1.3.6.1.4.1.9" AutoDetectType="BySystemOid">
    <Commands>
    <Command Name="RESET" Value="terminal width 0${CRLF}terminal length 0" />
    <Command Name="Reboot" Value="reload${CRLF}y${CRLF}y" />
    <Command Name="EnterConfigMode" Value="config terminal" />
    <Command Name="ExitConfigMode" Value="end" />
    <Command Name="Startup" Value="startup" />
    <Command Name="IOS_Version" Value="version" />
    <Command Name="Running" Value="running" />
    <Command Name="DownloadConfig" Value="Show ${ConfigType}" />
    <Command Name="UploadConfig" Value="${EnterConfigMode}${CRLF}${ConfigText}${CRLF}${ExitConfigMode}" />
    <Command Name="DownloadConfigIndirect" Value="copy ${ConfigType} ${TransferProtocol}://${StorageAddress}/${StorageFilename}${CRLF}${CRLF}${CRLF}" />
    <Command Name="UploadConfigIndirect" Value="copy ${TransferProtocol}://${StorageAddress}/${StorageFilename} ${ConfigType}${CRLF}${CRLF}" />
    <Command Name="DownloadConfigIndirectSCP" Value="copy ${ConfigType} ${TransferProtocol}://${SCPServerUserName}@${SCPStorageAddress}/${StorageFilename}${CRLF}${CRLF}${CRLF}${CRLF}${SCPServerPassword}" />
    <Command Name="UploadConfigIndirectSCP" Value="copy ${TransferProtocol}://${SCPServerUserName}@${SCPStorageAddress}/${StorageFilename} ${ConfigType}${CRLF}${CRLF}${SCPServerPassword}" />
    <Command Name="EraseConfig" Value="write erase${CRLF}Y" />
    <Command Name="SaveConfig" Value="write memory" />
    <Command Name="Version" Value="show version" />
    <Command Name="Disconnect" Value="exit" />
    <Command Name="VTP_test" Value="vtp status" />
    </Commands>
    </Configuration-Management>