This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NTA Flow Database analsys Retention Period is full?

FormerMember
FormerMember

Does anyone know this message means? I got it from Settings->NTA->Database Size:->Calculate tool.  Copy/paste is below.  I was checking to see how many days of space that I had remaining.

Current size: 

131.9 GB 
Projected size:

Based on the current database size and retention period

Retention period is full, see the current database size.
Parents
  • The wording can a bit confusing.  All this means is that the database size includes all the data that the retention period is set for.

If the size of the database did not include all the data for days the retention period is set for the message would like the screenshot below.

There is only 15 days worth of data in the database.  The retention is set for 30 days.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_0.png

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to Jesquitin

That makes sense now. I originally read that as "you will run out of storage space in 15 days."  I was monitoring it weekly since we did run out storage twice since I installed NTA a few months ago. Based on this new information, what it is telling me is that the database size is now reasonably stable . Every day one day's worth of data will be purged due meet the 30 day retention period.

With that knowledge, I'll stop checking the db size every week and I should not need to.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to Jesquitin

That makes sense now. I originally read that as "you will run out of storage space in 15 days."  I was monitoring it weekly since we did run out storage twice since I installed NTA a few months ago. Based on this new information, what it is telling me is that the database size is now reasonably stable . Every day one day's worth of data will be purged due meet the 30 day retention period.

With that knowledge, I'll stop checking the db size every week and I should not need to.

Children
No Data