This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

HP GbE2c running iscli hangs with Enable password set

Hi,

Has anyone configured HPGbE2c switches for blade enclosures on Cattools? We have a lot of blade switches here and I have upgraded FW on switches to virtually the latest version (5.1.2). I was able to get configs off a couple of switches by switching to ISCLI mode (virtually IOS). As soon as I put an enable password on, the back up fails as the switch seems to need an extra Carriage Return between telnet login and enable login. I used Cisco switch IOS  and Cisco Other for my device and model type respectively; although I have since tried others and they too have failed. Any help, suggestions, greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Parents
  • Hi John,

Did you not have any luck with the HP.Switch.2500 device type in CatTools then?  I believe this one should work with the HP GbE2c Interconnect switches as we have made a few script tweaks in the past for them (including automatically handling the "Select Command Line Interface mode (aos/iscli)" prompt too.

Give this a try and let me know how you get on.

Steve

• Hi John,

Did you not have any luck with the HP.Switch.2500 device type in CatTools then?  I believe this one should work with the HP GbE2c Interconnect switches as we have made a few script tweaks in the past for them (including automatically handling the "Select Command Line Interface mode (aos/iscli)" prompt too.

Give this a try and let me know how you get on.

Steve

Children