This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Connect failed:(10060) The current connection has timeout.

Hi,

I have configured the FW in Kiwi cat tool to backup the run-config every sunday. Last week I was able to see the backup, but this weekedn it failed with the below error.

Connect failed:(10060) The current connection has timeout.

Thanks,
Sridhar
  • Hi Sridhar,

It seems the connection to the device from CatTools has been terminated for some reason.  One cause of this could be that the 'exec timeout' setting on the device has been reached due to inactivity between the device and CatTools - maybe CatTools has hit a paging prompt (e.g. a --More-- prompt) and doesn't know how to handle it?

The real cause of this could be any number of things, so I'd really need to gather more information from the CatTools debugging files (i.e. the infolog.txt from the CatTools install folder and a CatTools device capture file from within the \Debug folder - generated by turning on the 'Enable capture mode' setting within the FILE menu, then re-running the activity).

If you have software maintenance, could you raise a support ticket please and provide the logs via the support ticket email.  Because the CatTools debugging files can contain sensitive data, it is probably not wise to post the file data to a public forum.

Regards,

Steve

• Hi Steve,

Thanks for the quick rsponse. I will turn on the 'Enable capture mode' and publish the results if it fails again.

Thanks,
    Sridhar
  • Hi Sridhar,

If you indend on publishing the results here on Thwack, I'd recommend you maybe remove (or * out) any sensitive information (device passwords, etc.) which you may not want to publish in a public forum - for security reasons.

Regards,

Steve