This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

External process not working

I'm trying to use external processes to monitor a server, but I persistently get the error "The return value does not match the expected value". I've pared back the settings to the simplest possible but still can't get it to work:

Executable Name = "cscript.exe"
Directory = "C:\Windows\System32\"
Command Line = "test.vbs"
Startup = "C:\test\"

The monitor credentials are those used for all the other 200+ monitors without problems; this user has admin rights on the IPM server.

The vbs script is simply "WScript.Quit( 0 )". It runs fine from a command prompt.

Bizarrely if I open a command prompt on the IPM server, using "run as" and the monitor credentials, the monitor immediately succeeds (without changing anything). As soon as I close the command prompt, the monitor fails.

I wonder if there might be a local security policy setting that I need to make for the monitor credentials, but I can't find any reference to this. Anyone got any suggestions?