This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

IPAM report to show available (unallocated) subnets?

I am using IPAM to manage subnets for our internet service.  We have a /17 supernet that is defined in IPAM.  Using the subnet allocation wizard, I allocate subnets as they are needed.  Using the wizard, I can see what subnets are available per each size selected.  I really need a report that can show what subnets have not been allocated out of the supernet, thus subnets that are available for use.  I realize this would depend on the desired subnet size I am wanting to allocate, but it would be so helpful to be able to run a report that shows subnets that have not yet been allocated. 

Is this possible?  

Thanks

• just to be clear, you need a report about data that is not in the IPAM database, right?

• Not exactly. The superset is in IPAM. I create subnets  from that.  I need a report that shows all subnets that are not yet allocated out of the superset. The largest available subnets would be good enough. 

• Yes, so you want a report wherein it is not yet created in IPAM which means it is not yet in the database.

• So, are you saying it is not possible?  I was really hoping there would be a way.  If you have a pie and take specific size slices out of it, you should be able to determine how much of the pie is remaining.  This doesn't seem like an unreasonable request for an IP management system.

• If you are saying to have a report that is not yet on the system, I think this is not possible simply because a report would contain data that is on the database.

It does sound logical if you consider that the system does compute the Subnets when you try to create supernet via the IPAM, but a report that is not yet on the database, I don't think it is possible.

You are basing your question that the system can compute the supernet subnet allocation.  But you have to understand, that it is not the function of IPAM to compute subnets for you.  It's function is get the IP Address Status.

You can create a feature request if you badly needed this added on IPAM.