This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to change repository password?

DPA on Windows running MySQL 5.7

I tried to change the password in the Admin, but it said the way to reset the password is to edit repo.properties and restart DPA.

That doesn't work. It fails and goes to the error screen. The one where it says, "if the port has changed."

I've tried doing it the way they say with startup.bat. I've tried restarting Ignite services. I've tried changing the user's password in MySQL AND DPA, that doesn't work.

Is this some weird thing with Windows and MySQL? Is there a better way than just changing in repo.properties and restarting?

I'd open a ticket, but I think SolarWinds has other things on their minds right now ...

TIA

Parents
  • Figured it out. Just in case anyone else runs into this error.

Changing the password in MySQL won't work. Had to drop user from MySQL then recreate using the standard setup script: 

CREATE USER '<USER>'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY '<PASSWORD>';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON database.* TO '<USER>'@'%';

Not sure why, but this did work. 

• Figured it out. Just in case anyone else runs into this error.

Changing the password in MySQL won't work. Had to drop user from MySQL then recreate using the standard setup script: 

CREATE USER '<USER>'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY '<PASSWORD>';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON database.* TO '<USER>'@'%';

Not sure why, but this did work. 

Children
No Data