This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

automating annotation creation in DPA when objects are changed in SQL

I would like to have an annotation automatically created when objects (stored procedures, indexes, etc.) are created or changed.

Does anyone already have a script to do that? Or, just point me to the DPA table(s) I will need to insert, and I can do it myself.

Parents
  • tjk15​,

The table is CON_EVENTS. The table does have a DBID column and you would want to make sure that you fill this in with the ID of the monitored instance you want to insert the annotation on.

This would be the ID from the COND table. "SELECT ID, NAME FROM COND;" will give you the ID of your  registered monitored instances.

CON_EVENTS

COLUMN

ORACLE DATA TYPE

SQL SERVER DATA TYPE

NULLABLE

DEFAULT VALUE

PRIMARY KEY

DESCRIPTION

IDNUMBERBIGINTNOYesThe primary key ID. We will need a primary key generator.
    DBIDNUMBERSMALLINTNONoThe ID of the database that this event belongs to from the COND table.
    EVENT_DATEDATEDATETIMENONoThe time of the event down to the minute. This is the DPA server time.
    TITLENVARCHAR2(100)NVARCHAR(100)NONoThe title of the event.
    CREATORNVARCHAR2(50)NVARCHAR(50)YESNoThe user that created the annotation.
    DESCRIPTIONNVARCHAR2(2000)NVARCHAR(2000)YESNoA description of what was done.
  • tjk15​,

The table is CON_EVENTS. The table does have a DBID column and you would want to make sure that you fill this in with the ID of the monitored instance you want to insert the annotation on.

This would be the ID from the COND table. "SELECT ID, NAME FROM COND;" will give you the ID of your  registered monitored instances.

CON_EVENTS

COLUMN

ORACLE DATA TYPE

SQL SERVER DATA TYPE

NULLABLE

DEFAULT VALUE

PRIMARY KEY

DESCRIPTION

IDNUMBERBIGINTNOYesThe primary key ID. We will need a primary key generator.
    DBIDNUMBERSMALLINTNONoThe ID of the database that this event belongs to from the COND table.
    EVENT_DATEDATEDATETIMENONoThe time of the event down to the minute. This is the DPA server time.
    TITLENVARCHAR2(100)NVARCHAR(100)NONoThe title of the event.
    CREATORNVARCHAR2(50)NVARCHAR(50)YESNoThe user that created the annotation.
    DESCRIPTIONNVARCHAR2(2000)NVARCHAR(2000)YESNoA description of what was done.
Children