This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

ARM template Error ManagementObjectNotFound when creating a mailbox with a custom template

Hi I'm getting the Error ManagementObject not found (translated long text "a referenced exchange Object could not be found. The object doesn't exist or has the wrong type (not mail activated)  or the login has insufficent rights.

When I create the user and after that activate the mailbox there is no error. Everything is made with the same credentials.

"Modules" : [
		{
			"Name" : "Exchange.Create.MailBox",
			"Displaytext" : "['en-us:Create an Exchange mailbox','de-de:Ein Exchange Postfach erzeugen','fr-fr:Créer une boîte aux lettres Exchange']",
			"CredentialType" : "Windows",
			"Fields" : [
				{
					"Name": "CreateMailbox",
					"Definition": {
					  "Type": "Checkbox",					  
				      "DefaultValue": "false",
					  "Label": "['en-us:Create Mailbox','de-de:Erzeuge Postfach','fr-fr:Créer une boîte aux lettres']",
					  "IsRequired": true,
					}
				},

{
					"Name": "EmailAddresses",
					"Type": "TextArea",
					"Label": "['en-us:E-mail addresses','de-de:E-Mail Adressen','fr-fr:Adresses e-mail']",
					"IsRequired": true,
					"IsEnabled": true,
					"Constraints": {
						"MaxLength": 500,
						"ValidationRule": "^((([a-z][a-z0-9]+:)?([A-Z][A-Z0-9]+:)?(\\w+([-+.']\\w+)*@\\w+([-.]\\w+)*\\.\\w+([-.]\\w+)*(\\r\\n)?\\n?)+)*)$",
						"CreationRule" : "SMTP:{userprincipalname}"
						}
					}
				},

I also tried the aspired Maibox type for user and configured the Mailbox DB but I always get the same error.

Thank you in advance

Daniel

• Hi I used 8Pauls ARM Template Generator2.0 and set a fixed value for the Mailbox Store and used the exchange part in my template and now it's owrking.

"Modules": [
          {
            "Name": "Exchange.Create.Mailbox",
            "DisplayText": "Create Mailbox",
            "Description": "['en-us:Create an Exchange mailbox','de-de:Ein Exchange Postfach erzeugen','fr-fr:Créer une boîte aux lettres Exchange']",
            "CredentialType": "Windows",
            "Fields": [
              {
                "Name": "createmailbox",
                  "Type": "Checkbox",
                  "IsHiddenFromRequester": false,
                  "IsHidden": false,
                  "defaultValue": true,
                  "Label": "['en-us:Create Mailbox','de-de:Erzeuge Postfach','fr-fr:Créer une boîte aux lettres']"
                }
              },
              {
                "Name": "emailaddresses",
                  "Type": "TextArea",
                  "Label": "['en-us:E-mail addresses','de-de:E-Mail Adressen','fr-fr:Adresses e-mail']",
                  "Constraints": {
                    "MaxLength": 500,
                    "ValidationRule": "",
                    "CreationRule": "{userprincipalname}",
                    "ValidationInformation": "['en-us:Does not match the e-mail format!','de-de:Ungültiges E-Mail Format!','fr-fr:Ne correspond pas au format e-mail!']"
                  }
                }
              },
              {
                "Name": "MailboxDatabase",
                  "Type": "FixedValue",
                  "Label": "['en-us:Mailbox Database','de-de:Postfach-Datenbank','fr-fr:Base de données des boîtes aux lettres']",
                  "Value": "DB01",
                  "DisplayValue": "DB01",
                  "Description": "Mailbox Database"
                }
              },