This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

script after group creation

Hello

Will the script be executed also after arm create a group automatically for folder rights ? 

I would need this to set display rights in DFS

• Hi msizec,

no unforunately not. There is currently no build in way to combine file server access rights settings (ARM managed groups) with custom scripting. I guess you are searching for an easy way to manage the DFS list groups. The only idea I could give you is to trigger out of box and consider the description field of an ARM managed group. If you are interested in I could give you more insights regards content of description LDAP attribute.

Regards Norbert

• Hi, thanks, yes I wanted to manage dfs liost groups.
    Now I do it manually after the ARM groups are created

You are talking about description attirbute of arm groups ... is there anything useful to knwo about it ?

• Hi,

sorry for the delay. There is a coding inside the LDAP description field on an ARM managed group. It already starts with

"8man://" 

next is the group type and purpose (e.g. lR = local Rights group) could also be u for universal or g for global. A "D" stands for List group purpose

then the directory name (only used for disaster recovery, might be wrong after renaming directory) 

the rest is a bit cryptic and contains a checksum and a GUID for identification (a tag we need to assign a dedicated group to a directory)

PLEASE do not modify this content. It makes the group unusable for ARM.

Regards

Norbert