I'm pleased to announce that the Storage Manager (STM) 5.7 Release Candidate (RC) is now available in your SolarWinds Customer Portal. I look forward to your feedback on the Release Candidate in the STM RC Forum! For information on STM 5.7, reference this Product Blog post and this Product Blog post!
Storage Manager 5.7 is cumulative with STM 5.6.2 and all of the STM 5.6.2 HotFixes. The Release Candidate is a fully tested and supported release and you can upgrade the RC from your previous version of STM, although we do recommend backing up your database first. If you have any problems with the Release Candidate, you can file a ticket with Support just as you would for any GA version of the product.
New Features in Storage Manager 5.7
- Improved performance graphs
- STM Health and Status Overview
- User-defined LUN Grouping
- New visibility into EMC VMAX FAST VP objects
- Gen3 licensing
- New default collection frequencies
- Deprecated “Storage Array” reports
- Significant bug fixes and stability improvements
I look forward to your feedback in the RC Forum! Also, if you'd like to give us feedback about Storage Manager and/or features you'd like to see in a future release, we'd love to get your feedback through this RC survey as well!