Every office has someone who, shall we say, fails to take good care of their system. Maybe they've disabled the screensaver and think turning off their monitors is as good as locking their workstation. Maybe they're very, very wrong.
In many of the offices I've worked in, leaving an unattended workstation or laptop unlocked while you smoke, get lunch or (gods forbid) go home was like hanging a neon sign on your desk flashing, "MESS WITH MY SYSTEM!" How can you expect an office full of tech geeks not to?
Now, if you mess with it enough that the only solution is to reformat the system or roll back to a restore point, that's just mean. It's not cool to cost someone work.
So, what's the best prank you've ever pulled? Personally, I've:
- Used wall paper to Hasselhoff someone, and then removed their access to the registry key for wallpaper so they couldn't change it away.
- Set the Rick Roll to playing on YouTube
- Edited a host file so that one non-work site they spend way too much time on routes to IP 0.0.0.0 and comes up as "Cannot be displayed" and let them stew for a couple days
- Altered the wall paper of the lock screen (which they're never going to see until it's too late, right? That's the lesson here!)
- Sent an e-mail from their desktop to the entire floor about how they were going to buy pizza for everyone, and to send in their topping requests
- This also works with donuts
These are all fairly tame (we won't talk about deleting random keys from HKLM and seeing what breaks). What have you done? And did the victim learn their lesson and the value of WINDOWS + L? Have you ever been the victim?