0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2016 8:25 AM by userunnown

Emailed alerts only contain the variable strings

userunnown

Last night, we did server patching, which of course includes rebooting most of the servers. The Orion server is not rebooted, but the server containing the DB is rebooted. Typically, our Orion server will send an email with each server going down and coming back up including the server name, IP address, and time of the message. Last night however, we received several emails normally (The variables were converted to the appropriate values), but it seems after the DB server was patched and rebooted, all further emails contained only the variable strings (for example: Alert: ${N=SwisEntity;M=Caption} is ${N=SwisEntity;M=Status} ${N=Generic;M=ShortDate} ${N=Generic;M=ShortTime}). This was not corrected until I logged into the Orion server this morning and shut down and started all the Orion services.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this sort of behavior and if there is any work around. I assume it was because the DB server was rebooted, but like I said, we have never experienced this before.