4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2016 9:56 AM by mrs.alterego

Sending MIBs to Solarwinds

mwaimu86

Hello ,

I need to send several MIB files to Solarwinds so that i can later download the new MIB database , i need to know if i can send these files in a compressed format or do i have to send extracted files .

please let me know

and i need to know if there is a way to add the mib files locally on my database.

is a requirement to have a customer portal account in order for the mibs to be added. ??

thank you

• Re: Sending MIBs to Solarwinds
          mrs.alterego

mwaimu86 -

You, yourself, cannot add MIB's to your database (unless you're using IP Monitor); however support can do that for you. You can easily open a support ticket and provide us with the MIB's you need added, provided they are not already part of our MIB database. There is a section in your customer portal where you can download the latest MIB database just to verify and there are some other Q&A's available, too; this page will also provide you a direct link to open a ticket to have MIB's added. You will want to send the MIB file itself, not the SNMP walk from the device or anything like that; just the MIB file.

Hope this helps!

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              mrs.alterego

I forgot to address your question regarding having a customer portal account; my assumption is your company is already a SolarWinds customer; if you have not ever been added to the company account (also known as a SWID, SolarWinds ID), then you will need to contact the administrator on the SWID and have them add you. If you are already on the company account, then all you need to do is access customer portal and register for an account within the portal.

Side note: if you cannot access customer portal right now to submit your MIB's, then you can always email your MIB file to customerservice@solarwinds.com, but you will need to know your SWID in order for them to get this done for you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              mwaimu86

i have an Additional Question.

I got a customer portal account now and have started a support case.

but it is showing not Started on Status. How long does it take for this to be taken care of. and how long till i can download the updated Database file.

Please reply at your earliest convenience

thank you

mrs.alterego

There are literally millions of OIDs out there, and everyday new devices and technologies with new MIBs are released. Every time we release a new version of a core Solarwinds product, it comes packaged with the latest MIB database. We also update and compile the MIB database every 2 weeks if you want to update the MIB database between product releases, specifically to address customers submitting their own MIB's. Remember: You can create pollers and use the Trap Viewer without updating the MIB database. Having an updated MIB database just means that we're able to fill in the maximum number of blanks.