This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

IPAM ICMP Scan - Selective Subnets

I believe that IPAM ICMP Scan should be capable of selecting required subnets to scan only. However I noticed that it will perform an entire scan on IPAM Address on initial enabling of the feature.

Is there a way to only select specifically?

• I believe you have to select this on the individual subnet\supernet to enable\disable the scans.

• However, i cant select this option without enabling the global option.

Subnet Option

2016-01-14 09_34_52-Manage Subnets & IP Addresses.jpg

Global Config Option

If i were to select and enable this option. The entire scan of IPAM will begin, and its not desirable in our environment and easy to stop all the scan jobs.

2016-01-14 09_34_42-Clipboard.jpg

• hello mate,

not sure if I am misunderstanding you. but from what I understand of what you would like to do.

- you can pre-select to disable the scans on subnets you dont want to scan

- then turn on the global settings to start scans

this way the scan disabled subnets wont scan when the global setting is turned on?

Is that what you were trying to achieve?

• That should also be able to achieve what i need, i believe.

As long as I can control of the initial ICMP scan done on the network (Not flood the entire IPAM directory), upon enabling the ICMP scan feature.

But does the 1st screenshot (on individual subnets)  setting takes effect (if i keep as disabled) even if global config is enabled later?

• during POC it worked alright. we were able to control that setting independent of the global setting. though log a case with support to be sure. to add about the scan its quite limited and it doesnt flood. I think it pings 2 devices at the same time and doesnt scan the subnets more often than the duration you've set. most cases its 4hours and it does a round robin between the subnets to schedule the scan.

• Okays, Thank you very much for your advice @vikkyh86

Will confirm with support too.