6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2016 11:45 AM by mikegale

Solarwinds Orion Module Engine won't start on additional poller after FoE install

mikegale

We have a core server and 8 additional polling engines. The core server was cloned using vCenter and then FoE was installed following the WAN/DR method.

After the install the core server seems to be running fine. FoE manager shows all green and the website works fine.

One of my co-workers mentioned that they were having trouble adding a new node to one of the additional pollers. When I logged in I found the "Solarwinds Orion Module Engine" service was not running on that polling engine. I started it and it seemed ok but two minutes later the service was stopped again. I also noticed that the "Syslog" and "Trap" services keep stopping and starting. I have opened a ticket but thought I'd see if anyone had any suggestions.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

• Re: Solarwinds Orion Module Engine won't start on additional poller after FoE install
          aLTeReGo

Have you looked in the Windows Event Log for errors which might explain why the service is failing?

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            • Re: Solarwinds Orion Module Engine won't start on additional poller after FoE install
              mikegale

Here's a couple events from our eventlog on one of the additional pollers:

Faulting application name: SWTrapService.exe, version: 2015.1.25300.8197, time stamp: 0x55659da5
              Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.3.9600.17415, time stamp: 0x54504ade
              Exception code: 0xe0434352
              Fault offset: 0x00014598
              Faulting process id: 0x3f0c
              Faulting application start time: 0x01d14e0e9d1d3321
              Faulting application path: D:\Orion\SWTrapService.exe
              Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
              Report Id: db540718-ba01-11e5-872a-00505694505a
              Faulting package full name:
              Faulting package-relative application ID:
              ---------------------------------------------------------------
              Application: SWTrapService.exe
              Framework Version: v4.0.30319
              Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
              Exception Info: System.AggregateException
              Stack:
                 at SolarWinds.Orion.Core.Common.CachedFeatureSet.WaitForRefresh(System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1<SolarWinds.Orion.Core.Common.FeatureSet>, Boolean, SolarWinds.Orion.Core.Common.FeatureSet ByRef)
                 at SolarWinds.Orion.Core.Common.CachedFeatureSet.GetOrRefresh()
                 at SolarWinds.Orion.Core.Common.RemoteFeatureManager.IsFeatureEnabled(System.String)
                 at TrapService.TrapService.Initalize()
                 at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)
                 at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
                 at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
                 at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
                 at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

These two events happen multiple times every minute.