Thanks for your prompt answer. It seems to be very promising, but a little bit too brief for me as I am rather unexperienced. If you could describe the procedure more in detail (step by step) I really appreciate it.
@sans - I am unable to download the XML file that you posted. Saying "unauthorized". Not sure if it's just me, or others having the same issue.
@sans Thanks again. I have successfully downloaded and launched your script and as result obtained "No activity to report". It's undoubtedly because I don't know how to create the report needed. I did't confess it explicitly in my first response but it's the sad reality. My request on "step by step" description related also to the very first line of your first answer "Create a report and use this:"
I'll go step by step to get you into the part to import a report. I apologize if any of this is rudimentary, but I'll assume you're a new user and will go all the way from the beginning.
1) Log into SolarWinds NPM using an account that has report management rights granted.
2) From the "Home" tool bar across the top, click on the "Reports" option.
3) In the top right of the Reports page, click "Manage Reports"
4) Click on the "Export/Import" button from the top of the reports list and choose "Import". (Looks like a piece of paper with blue/green arrows)
5) Select the .XML file that was provided by Sans that you downloaded onto your computer/NPM server.
6) In the left pane of the Reports screen, Sort the results by "Report Category" from the drop down list.
7) Choose the category labeled "001-ThwackCustom".
8) Select the report and click the "Edit Report" button.
9) Click the "Add Content" button
10) Choose "Custom Tables" from the only two options available.
11) Choose "Create New Object Selection"
12) Then use the screenshot Sans provided above to fill in the rest. Needs to look identical to what he put on there to get any results (using the 86400 minutes number for duration which will be two months back)
13) Save the report.
14) Run the report.
15) Show off your mad reporting skills to your coworkers and bosses.
16) Get a raise.
17) Become the boss.
18) Pay it forward.
I hope that helps you out. Sorry for the lack of screenshots, but I tried to make it as easy as possible. If you need screenshots, just ask; but you should be able to get by with the text alone.
Many thanks indeed for all.
I've obtainded the list of ports but something seems to be still wrong. The most of ports listed are trunks which are continuously ON. It could refere to a reversed condition but at least one port (Ge0/17) is presently down and definitely has been randomly ON and OFF in the past, see the excerpt below:
Custom Table for Datasource 1
Ordered by:Node Name - Ascending
Interface Name Node Name Notice
Port-channel1 D01R02-sw03 Po1 IBM-SW34#1,2:23 Po connected
Port-channel2 D01R02-sw03 Po2 D01R02-sw05#49,50 connected
Port-channel5 D01R02-sw03 Po5 D01R02-sw02#49,50 connected
GigabitEthernet0/17 D01R02-sw03 Gi0/17 227D OF116 VTC-ELI notconnect ???
GigabitEthernet0/19 D01R02-sw03 Gi0/19 D01R02-sw05#49 connected
GigabitEthernet0/20 D01R02-sw03 Gi0/20 D01R02-sw05#50 connected
Could anybody test the procedure and let me know where I should look for a flaw?