6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2016 12:31 PM by jeffreyc

F5 sFlow and NTA

netnat

Hi,

I don't see any F5 sFlow data on the NTA. I have checked my config is fine. The SNMP polling works fine and I can see the F5 devices in the NPM.

I find below that the sFLOW is not supported by NTA.

https://thwack.solarwinds.com/thread/53066

Any help on this please?

Thanks,

Vidhya

• Re: F5 sFlow and NTA
          paulo.tostes

Hi Vidhya!

Yeah, sFLOW is supported by NTA. You can use NETFLOW (Cisco) or sFLOW (even the V5 version) as the same way.

Usualy, sFLOW is a little bit more complicated to configure on the side of device. It's necessary enable the sFLOW agent and configure each interface (talking about switch) to send sFLOW packet to NTA. Remember to configure both sides (device and NTA) to use the same port and, if you want, enable the option "Enable automatic addition of NetFlow sources" on NTA.

Regards,

Paulo Tostes

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              netnat

Thanks Paulo,

I'm able to get the stats from Cisco devices, but F5, I'm having issues. The thread I had pasted in my original question says that NTA does not fully support F5 sflow. Is that not the case? Does the recent NTA support sflow? Is yes, from what version?

Have you got F5 to work at yours or other location for sflow please?

jeffreyc

I have Sflow working with F5 at our location. One thing that I had to do was to configure the receiver list in F5 with the route domain incuded. I dont know if you are using the non default route domain but if so you probably have to do that. So I use the front side self IP as the sender and I configure the reciever list in F5 like this:

Name                         address                           port

10.10.10.10               10.10.10.10%1234          2055              where 10.10.10.10 is the solarwinds server  and 1234 is the route domain that the self IP belongs to        

netnat

Thanks Jeffery, this helps a lot. From what you have mentioned, I understand or infer that all the sflow data is perfectly understood by Solarwinds. Can you tell me the TMOS version you are running and what NTA version you running please?

Thanks,

Vidhya

paulo.tostes

I'm not sure about Big IP F5 and NTA integration. But, like Jeffrey told before, he found a way to do that.

In my environment, we use sFLOW version 5 to monitor switchs comware and NetFlow to monitor Cisco devices.

You can check with a sniffer (like wireshark) if the NTA server is receiving F5 flow information.

Hope to be usefull,

Paulo Tostes