This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
1 of 1 people found this helpful
These credentials can be provided later by following the steps outlined below.
- Launch the SolarWinds Orion Failover Manager.
- Select the Applications: Tasks tab.
- Click on the User Accounts button.
- Click the Add button.
- Enter the credentials for an account with rights to update the DNS (a member of the Administrators or Server Operators group on the target server).
- Click OK, and then Close.
- Click the Add button to add a new task.
- Provide a descriptive name for the 'Task' (i.e. DNSUpdate).
- Select Network Configuration for Task type.
- Select either primary or secondary for the server the task should run on as appropriate.
- In the Command field, enter the "DNSUpdate" with appropriate flags as shown below in the example.
- In the 'Run As' field select the user appropriate user account from the drop down and then click OK.
Example: Dnsupdate -p -s -ns
Note: This will update the DNS at address .