This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Questions about FAQ section

The user guide is not very helpful for the FAQ section, we've found.  Is there instructions on how exactly to search?  We've been able to find FAQs only when searching for a single word.  If we add a phrase or more than 1 word, it won't find them.  We've tried every kind of variation we can think of, adding a + between words, adding quotes around the phrase, using commas and semi colons between the words.  I find it hard to believe search would be limited to a single word, but I can't figure out how it works.

Also, does anyone know of a way to default Approved to Yes?  All our techs are set to admins so they all have the capability of approving.  Since the search feature defaults to only approved items, it would be great if this would default so we don't have to remember to check that box.

• Hi

The FAQ search box has an And/ Or modifier which looks like AND is already selected but in practise I find you have to click on one of them to change the search from just searching for just a keyword. I don't know if this behaves differently in different browsers?

As far as approving FAQs there doesn't seem to be an option to automatically approve the FAQ as soon as it is saved- from a practical sense I would say it's a good thing to have to sanity check the FAQ before it is made live? Especially since you can create them ad-hoc from ticket notes. It means you can set who the audience is for the FAQ before it is live- for instance you will want some of them only to be visible to your Techs or maybe Clients in one location but not another.

By using Tech Groups & Tech Permissions you can allow your Techs to edit & approve FAQs, so they could then submit & approve their own FAQs as you say.

• Good morning. We have version 12.2.0 build #12.2.0.9011. I don’t see anywhere it lists what hot fixes we have, does the build give you that information? It was asked if this happens to all techs. So far only 3 of us have tried it, as we’re trying to figure it out so we can demo it to the rest of the group, but it’s done the same thing for all of us.

I’ll send you a few screenshots from an example. We have a FAQ that is approved and not expired. The words ‘bubble’ and ‘yellow’ are both in the description. Nothing I’m trying is bringing back any results. I did click the AND before searching, as you suggested. Besides these screenshots I searched for:

bubble, yellow (with and without the space after the comma)

bubble; yellow (with and without the space after the semi colon)

plus all of the above combinations with quotes around each word

After that I searched just for the word bubble and it still came back empty. If I click on OR next to the contains field, it does find just the word bubble. But not any of the combinations of both bubble and yellow

Thanks!

Karena Washington

IT Systems Analyst

Regional Medical Center

709 West Main Street | PO Box 359 | Manchester, IA 52057

Phone: (563) 927-7346 | Website: www.regmedctr.org<http://www.regmedctr.org/> |

Information Systems Help Desk: (563) 927-7707

attachments.zip
  • We are running 12.3- there was a big overhaul for the FAQ section but I can't remember whether it came in with 12.3 or earlier as a separate update.

• After a bit of playing today the modifier seems to work fine in IE11 but doesn't work in Chrome. You shouldn't have to type in anything as a modifier like you have in the screenshots, the AND/ OR buttons should do it but it does seem to only work in IE for me.