This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to customized reports solarwinds LEM

Hi All How to customized reports solarwinds LEM ?

example :

Capture report.JPG

• I can't help you create the report, but adding tags to your question will make it more likely that others will find your post and answer it. Suggestions for tags could include: lem, log event manager, custom reports, you get the idea. Hope that helps.

• Hi edock

thanks for your response and relief

• Below is a link to the KB article on how to create custom reports using the LEM Reporting application.  I hope this helps!

SolarWinds Knowledge Base :: Creating a Custom Filtered Report

• Unfortunately reporting is one of the weaknesses in the LEM product.  The Reporting application has some good canned reports but if you want anything beyond what is in those you begin to run into issues.  HERE I have submitted a feature request to significantly enhance the experience with support in LEM.

• The link for 'expert' is now Creating a Custom Filtered Report - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support

What this process is doing is filtering the rows returned from the dataset. For example all rows with this field not empty or that field meeting some parameter.  What would be better is to also filter by column.  That would involve reducing the number of fields pulled out by the underlying SQL.  The original poster only wants 6 fields displayed.  Log on reports from the LEM report engine have enough default fields to spread the headings over 2 lines making any interpretation of the report hefty work.

Is there a way to get at the SQL and sort that directly by writing and running our own SQL or through the reports engine?  There is a post on this board from 2014 using Crystal Reports 2013 but nothing more recent.  Are there any leads on running raw SQL on the underlying LEM data to get results?  I would look to using PHP to create user friendly reports from this.  My experience of the built-in MS SQL reporting engine is that it is less effort to code my own in PHP than fight the MS interface.

• Other clients who have wanted custom LEM reports have had Crystal developers on staff.  This does not help regular users, as out of 100 clients only 2 have had Crystal developers.  You can always hire a contractor to do it.

The closest solution (as others have said) is to apply a filter to the existing report.  But that's just for starters, if you want to change the name the report - there is this a procedure we have to go through which involves copying the report to to a 2003 server.   How to change name of custom report

I believe we still have to do this with LEM 6.2.1

Thanks

Amit

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to byrona

Hello Byrona,

Was just going through this thread as I am looking for LEM report customization for the rebranding purpose. So can I customize and replace all the stuffs of logo/text of Solarwind in report? As for our customers it should look like that reports are from us and not from Solarwinds..

• There is a logo file here: C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds Log and Event Manager Reports\CustomReports

That could be changed and might affect the logo on custom reports only.  That is all the customisation that can be done to the look and feel without access to full crystal reports.  As your full version crystal reports *.rpt files are going to be accessed by the existing LEM reporting engine I fear that even customised reports may inherit the SolarWinds look and feel.  Perhaps someone on THWACK with recent experience in this field will chip in.