2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2016 3:25 PM by yevhen.mordak

    Patch Report showing different status

    jsweg04

      This might be a bit long winded but I want to be sure I'm understood.  I have created a monthly patch report that I am exporting as an xlsx.  I started by using Computer Update Status with Details and used that for the 9 categories that I need.  I've filtered that criteria down as I need and then run the report.  The report runs fine however the results are a bit off.  As an example I'll use this:

      computer123 Windows 7 ProfessionalAMD64Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3080446)Security UpdatesMS15-109downloadedinstall10/13/2015 5:00 PM
      computer123 Windows 7 ProfessionalAMD64Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3080446)Security UpdatesMS15-109installedinstall10/13/2015 5:00 PM

      Here we see the asset "computer123" is showing both downloaded and installed for the same exact KB.  Imagine this for 2500+ assets and its not just the above.  Some are saying downloaded, installed, failed and whatever else you can describe them as!  When I go into the console and look at this machine, I see one entry for this KB showing installed.  I'm wondering if anyone has run into this before and if so what they've done to resolve it.  I need to take this report up the chain but cannot do so until it actually contains the correct information.  Thanks in advance for your help and if you need any clarification, please feel free to ask.  Thanks

       

      Jason

        • Re: Patch Report showing different status
          loriison

          I have this same issue when generating update status reports.  The report is not even updating the last check in fields correctly.  I have tried recreating report, cleared cache and old tasks, restarted WSUS server, multiple syncs.  We are running. Solarwinds Patch Manager 2.1.0.1087 on server 2008 R2. 

          • Re: Patch Report showing different status
            yevhen.mordak

            Report might be broken due to different Data Sources used for its generation.
            The best way to generate reports is to use one data source for one report where possible, mixing data sources may be painful.

            We had pretty similar case recently.

            Error in report was that data source for "Update Approval State" and "Update Approval Action" had used different DataSource then rest of fields.

            I recommend as fix use the same Data Source for All fields in report: the best fit for provided report is change DataSource for all fields in generated report 

            "Computer Update Status with Details" --> "Computer Update Status With Approval Information".