0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2016 10:23 AM by atreju

How to integrate Sophos SG Appliance

atreju

Hello dear community

My name is Simon and I'm from Switzerland. I work as network administrator in a company with about 400 employees. I apoligize for my bad english, I'm working on it.

I have the following problem:

We bought Solarwinds NPM and I got the job to install it Its my first time with Solarwinds NPM. A lot seems to work correctly, but some features not. For example:

We have Sophos SG Appliance and I'd like to collect data from the appliance. When I download the MIB file from the Sophos-GUI and take a look at the file, it seems that the appliance is able to send informations like
      "User logged in", "High Availibility Member lost" and a lot more. I'd like to see this informations in Solarwinds NPM.

But when i discover the IP-Adress of our Sophos, Solarwinds seems to discover the sophos SG appliance as "Linux - snmp", its technically correct (Sophos works on linux) but I don't see any Sophos-dedicated informations.

How can I configure Solarwinds NPM to do what i want? It seems that solarwinds does not use the MIB - file Sophos provides, but as I see, its integrated in the Solarwinds Database: Astaro MIB: 1.3.6.1.4.1.9789

But when i go into the node details in NPM, it shows me: sysObjectID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.8072.3.2.10 (Machine-type net-snmp - Linux )

I Hope everyone may show to me what I have to do.

Kind regards

Simon