This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

MIBs and OIDs - Confusion

I am having difficulty getting information to report correctly from solar winds. We have Cisco and Juniper routers and we are monitoring CPU memory but the graphs in solar winds are not reporting correctly. They are reporting that the CPU is sitting around 97% and when we check the actual device they are running about 67 to 75%. This is causing issues for us. Not all routers are reporting incorrectly, so I don't think it is a MIB/OID issue.  Anyone else having any issues like this?

• Do you have another router with the same characteristics? as he presents this data? If difrente, I suggest upgrading the firmware of this router that does not read the memory.

• Are the polling methods the same on the routers that are reporting correctly compared to the ones that are not?

• Are you talking about how they are polled in Solar winds?  If that is the question the answer is yes, set up exactly the same on solar winds side. Now as to how each box is configured is a different matter. They are all supposed to be configured the same but I am not sure if they are.

• Yes, I checked another router and it is reporting properly for CPU Memory. The two devices are the same IOS for Cisco. I will check that out. Thanks

• Please check the data point at exactly same time on device and in Orion. Because of some spikes in CPU and memory it shows  high percentage on Orion and then it come back to normal. so if we check the device, we see the low usage data on device and SolarWinds shows the high usage but in reality SolarWinds shows the last poll data.

• We were doing that. We logged in directly to the device and checked what Orion had...granted they were different. We found one Cisco device CRS-8 worked with a custom built poller but tried the custom poller on another device and it didn't come back with the same result. Our Juniper devices we were able to correct that problem.  Our NOC informed us that the tier 2s are aware of Cisco devices that have a known bug and no "vendor" fix yet or if there will be one.