This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Custom Ticket Fields - Trigger Requirment

I don't see this available but would be happy to find out it is and I just don't know how to do it.  I would like to link custom fields together.  Here is a real world scenario, if I want someone to submit a request for a mobile phone, i want to create a custom field called New/Upgrade and based on what they select make another customer field called "Mobile Phone Number."   If they select "Upgrade" on the first custom field i would like for them to have the field "Mobile Phone number" required.

• It is not currently possible to link one custom field to another or make one appear based on the selection made in a different custom field.  

You also can't determine whether a custom field is required based on the chosen selection of another custom field.

The way it is typically handled is by defining/Nesting the Request Types and adding custom fields to the specific Request Types that make sense.

e.g. You could have two different Request Types like this:

• IT Request -> Mobile Phone -> New                        <- with "Preferred Phone Vendor" custom field associated
    • IT Request -> Mobile Phone -> Upgrade                   <- with "Current Mobile Phone Number" and "Current Phone Vendor" custom fields associated
  • As kellytice‌ mentioned, it is not currently possible. I have a similar situation that would make our workflow much more user friendly.

This feature request is available to vote for as well. You can vote here.