This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

False Routing Neighbor Down Alerts

I have alerts set up to notify me if a routing neighbor goes down on any router or switch in our network. There are some devices that have BGP neighbors that are shut down for various reasons and occasionally SolarWinds sends alerts on them because they appear as Idle. Normally this would be fine, but they are Idle for years so I'm not sure why the alerts are re-triggering. The alert settings seem fine but for some reason SolarWinds is seeing status changes on the routing neighbors when in fact there isn't. Example:

SolarWinds:

SW Neighbors.png

Router:

Router Neighbors.png

Alert trigger:

Trigger.png

None of the times match up between the router and SolarWinds. Is this normal behavior, and is there any way to fix it? This is happening on multiple routers so the alerts always require additional research to make sure it's just not a false alert.