This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Error in Hyper-V (Could Not Poll)

Any see this error

today morning It appeared the following error in the Hyper-V servers as image below

erro host.png

Did all procedures found in Solarwinds, the last was as the the image, which is required to be changed the default count of number 3 for a number it deems best, or simply clear the option, made to change both ways and without successfully restarted the services of Solarwinds and ran the Wizard again the problem persists

erro poll hots vm.png

• how are you polling? Wmi, snmp?

• I've seen something similar to this with VMware hosts. If you look at the 'Host Polling Status', you'll see that it's successful.

In my case, I was using SNMP to poll the host independent of VMAN and encountered problems there.

Do you have the host monitored under VMAN *and* NPM? If so, I would check the NPM polling configuration for this host. Perhaps your WMI/SNMP strings are a problem.

• The error being returned is stating that the RPC Endpoint mapper service on the monitored host is unreachable. This can be caused by network connectivity issues (router access control lists, firewalls, etc.), permissions issues on the remote host (ensure you're using administrator credentials) or service failure. I would suggest looking through the Windows Event Log on the Hyper-V host to see if there are any errors potentially related to this issue.

• I sse this informativos about this is

Could not poll

The host cannot be polled because of a connection or credentials issue.

http://www.solarwinds.com/documentation/en/flarehelp/VMan/default.htm#orionvm-understandingobjectstatuses.htm%3FTocPath%3DUsing%2520the%2520SolarWinds%2520Integrated%2520Virtual%2520Infrastructure%2520Monitor|_____4