2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2015 2:11 PM by rubincompserv

CPU Load not reporting correctly?

rubincompserv

I am using one of the canned Orion alerts ("High VM CPU Utilization") to monitor to CPU usage of my VMs.  It is configured to trigger when the CPU load hits 70 (which I presume is 70%).  However, in the alert emails, it says that the CPU Load is much smaller (3.562, 19.139, and similar).  Does this alert not do what I think it does, or is something misconfigured somewhere?

Thank you,

RCS

• Re: CPU Load not reporting correctly?
          rangers1994

I do not have a answer but I noticed when I add Servers in Orion via SNMP - The Node Details Page enumerates the Server has several CPU-s (1 to 4) and when I tried to build reports around

I unable to have Report Writer enumerate multiple CPU-s - As stated, I do not know but thought share observations I noticed - if anyone knows how to enumerate all CPU-s in Report please share

• Re: CPU Load not reporting correctly?
            rubincompserv

UPDATE: It appears that the alert is triggering on "nothing".  When I check the status of the machine, it shows that the CPU is in the sing digits or low teens, and yet the alert is still listed as active.  When I go to the final page of the alert configuration, it says that there are 0 items affected by the alert.  So why am I still receiving emails?  I've tried disabling and re-enabling the alert, but that did not resolve it.