4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2015 11:19 PM by hanif2005

Interface Utilization reset

hanif2005

Hi all,

How can I reset interface utilization of an interface? I have this interface that been showing having high utilization for few weeks.

Top 10 percent utilization.JPG

Checking the switch shown that the interface utilization has came down to normal level, but the interface remains to be in Top 10 interfaces by Percent Utilization.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Re: Interface Utilization reset
          HolyGuacamole

The interface status is showing Gray (Unknown), i.e., there is a problem polling this interface. Are you able to poll everything else on this device? You can check the charts for recent data

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            rschroeder

If the device is being properly polled, it shouldn't show gray.

Test the polling to ensure all is successful.  If it isn't, troubleshoot it and fix it until it is; then it should stop showing that interface as gray/unavailable.

The only method I know of for resetting the count/statistics on a successfully monitored interface in NCM is to remove that interface and then re-add it.  The drawback with this is that it will cause your history of that port's statistics in NCM to be lost.  If that's unimportant, try removing it and then adding it back in--AFTER you've confirmed it's being polled successfully.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              hanif2005

Thanks all for your help and suggestions. rschroeder suggestion worked.  I am getting the right utilization data for that interface after removing it and adding it back.  Anyhow all other interfaces on this switch still showing unknown