2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2015 7:38 AM by redespe

PROBLEM TO CONNECT TO HP PROCURVE 6120 XG SWITCH WITH CATTOOLS

redespe

Hi my friends,

I am running Cattools version 3.10.0, now I am trying to backup the running configuration a HP Procurve 6120 XG switch. I have tried to enter some combinations of values under the "Passwords" and "Prompts" tab, but always prompted error messages. I try to connect to the whitch by ssh and username is validate by radius. Can someone show me what value should I set under "Passwords" and "Prompts" tabs?  Below I will show you how I telnet to this switch via command prompt. Thanks in advance!

• Re: PROBLEM TO CONNECT TO HP PROCURVE 6120 XG SWITCH WITH CATTOOLS
          bkyle

You can enable capture mode, and see the communication between CatTools and your device:

1. Use the CatTools File menu to select the "Enable capture mode" option.

2. Run the activity you are having trouble with. This should create a debug file in the \CatTools3\Debug folder.

3. Zip up the resulting file and send this to me as an attachment.

- Remember to deselect the "enable capture mode" option again.

If you look in the \CatTools3\debug folder, you will see the capture file

• Re: PROBLEM TO CONNECT TO HP PROCURVE 6120 XG SWITCH WITH CATTOOLS
              redespe

Thank you for your help.

I send you the file with debug. I probe the option "generic device", "hp other switch"

<NEWSESSION CatTools 3.10.0 17/12/2015 10:26:59 a.m.>

<PROTOCOL=SSH2>

<DEVICE TYPE=Generic.Device>

<ACTIVITY TYPE=Device.Backup.Running Config>

<ACTIVITY SCRIPT=C:\Program Files (x86)\CatTools3\Scripts\Client.Device.Backup.Running Config.txt>

<USERS NAME FOR DEVICE=IT-Data-ENC01-SW01>