5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2016 4:57 PM by shankarkrupa

Toolset works and starts really slow

Ismo

We have enough memory, fresh installation of windows 7 (actually it was one year ago, but this has been slow all that time), so everything should be ok, but no:

When I press Toolset launch pad, i usually have to wait a minute. Then when I choose any application from menu, starting up last about 15-40 seconds! Sometimes it doesn't start at all, I have to click all over the screen to "wake up a prosess", and then it might show up in task bar. And if I've clicked start buttons many times, program starts multiple times. What's going on? Everything is REALLY slow... Why?

I haven't update Toolset, because computer is not able to connect to internet (in process network) but version is 10.10 i think...

• Re: Toolset works and starts really slow
          shankarkrupa

Do other applications in this computer work okay as they were? Might be an aged disk/file blocks.

You can go for offline activation after you install a newer Toolset version.

Ismo

The problem still exist! As I told, it was fresh installation and there is no any other applications installed in this computer. This computer is build just for engineer's toolset use. (Finnish version of Windows 7 Enterprise). The computer is normal 8000-series SFF case HP desktop workstation, so it cannot be performance issue.

shankarkrupa

Sometimes, compacting the database helps (run the Database-Maint.exe inside the SolarWinds/Toolset installation directory). Toolset is well-supported with Windows 7, so I suspect this is environmental. I would suggest that you open a case through Support to further diagnose the issue.

Ismo

That was slow right in a first day of use after system installation. There was no database data at that time. How long time dashboard normally takes to load?

Maybe I'll open a real ticket because I think SW people doesn't read these forum.

shankarkrupa

8000-series appears like a sufficient configuration for Toolset to run without any issues, so we can easily rule out memory limitation/processing power as a cause. The time it takes to load is dependent on various factors, on an average it could be around 3 seconds to 15 seconds.

SW people indeed watch the forum. Some issues require more information and troubleshooting steps, so it would be easier to get in touch with an SW engineer to diagnose the problem in such cases.