This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Possible to give VMan 6.3 more than 4 CPUs?

New to SolarWinds virtualization manager, our environment has been up less than 2 weeks.  Running VMan 6.3 with hotfix 1.

I see the CPU pegged at 99% on the Configuration Summary page during data collection jobs.

Is it possible to give the virtual appliance more than 4 CPUs?  We tried within vCenter to up the cpus but the only options were to adjust the Socket count to 1, 2, and 4.  Not the CPU count.

Thanks!

Kevin

• Kevin

I would recommend opening a support ticket to fine tune your VMAN polling. If configuration is pegging the CPU then I would venture to guess that there is some changes that can be made on the VMAN appliance as well as possibly introducing federated pollers to reduce the load.

• You have to upgrade the virtual hardware version assuming you are running on Vmware not sure what the HyperV process looksl ike. Call support first however as there is a hotfix as well you will need and can guide you if that is the appropriate thing to do.