16 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2017 9:17 AM by okh011

Is Mobile Admin now a dead product?

balletbob

Hi,

Is the Mobile Admin product still being developed?

Support for new exchange version?

Support for vSphere 5.5 and 6?

Support for BackupExec 15?

What's happening folks?

thanks

• Re: Is Mobile Admin now a dead product?
          vjerez4129

I'd love to know also. We are currently trying out the 14 day trial and we are pretty interested in it, but i'm kinda discouraged at the lack of updates on MA

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            sacosgrove

OK, well no response from SolarWinds provides enough of an answer for me.  Looks like we won't be looking into Mobile Admin.  It's pretty clear there is no longer support for this product.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                vjerez4129

Yea i managed to get an extension on my trial by talking to a solarwinds rep, but all the questions i had about the product weren't answered so i'm kind of assuming the same thing. It does have some cool features, but with the bugs i've found and lack of support i probably won't be pushing for us to get this for our company

dsp

This is really starting to irritate me.  We purchased it and it could be a HUGE tool for us, but there are so many things that have not been fixed or updated.  Just the fact that the local timestamp does not exist on alerts and you have to guess when they came in is becoming a huge issue.

If they are going to discontinue it, I want a refund.  We've spend days trying to get things to work with it, and when they do, it's great, but we really haven't made much headway and there is apparently no one that can help us with it.  Most of us have the same frustrations with it, so you would think that they would at least say it's not capable of it or something, but instead you just get silence.

3 of 3 people found this helpful
                        vjerez4129

The person from SolarWinds that was trying to get us to buy it kept emailing me about when we were going to make our purchase. I told her that at its current form we simply can't go along with it because:

1) its kind of buggy

2) no answers from support or on thwack about it

3) I don't think there has been a update in over 2 years now.

She said she'd forward our concerns to their techs to see if that will help move things along, but i kind of doubt it at this point

dsp

It's such a shame.  I really hope they come up with another mobile product.  Being an IT department of one for a multi-million dollar company is not easy, even with contract help, but with Orion, I can usually figure out where to start and sometimes what the entire issue is.  With everything we can do with cell phones, it would be nice to be able to manage my network and need for people from  a decent platform.

dsp

I'm growing increasingly frustrated with Mobile Admin.  Still haven't figured out how to get the time right on the alerts and now I'm not getting them until I unlock my phone, so I'm sitting at home watching TV, no alarms come in, so I go to bed.  I check my phone in the morning, and there are 58 alerts!  It appears there were issues in the evening before I went to bed, but I got no alerts from Mobile Admin.  I don't even know if I should continue to try to work with this.  If they're not supporting it anymore and are dropping it as a product, I would really, really, really like to know before I waste any more time trying to make it work.

jeremyxmentzell

I'm working on my installation - just got push notifications on my  stuff - it was awesome - but generic to the feed so now I'm looking at how to customize the alert feed from Orion. I have high hopes for just what it is. Lemme know how you're doing on your end!

vjerez4129

Yea i ran into the generic notification, but supposedly the techs said you can't change that. I'm sure there is a way to do it by digging in pretty deep, so if you find out how to do it, let me know

jeremyxmentzell

Well it seems to be doing it by the "Feed" - so theoretically if those can be customized -  then your pushes should be customized - so is that "one" feed per Orion instance? Or can we make multiple feeds?

Thats where I'm at now. Just a generic "[Feed Name]  has a new notification" is worse than email - cause it really doesn't tell you anything. So maybe the focus of this was for a smaller or more integrated team-sets? Lets invoke dsbalcau and see if they know or have some pointers.

In my instance I have about 6 teams - all with different alerts - everyone getting blasted every time anyone's alert goes out - oooh. That is not going to end well for the alerting guy (me).

vjerez4129

its been a while since i looked at that, but didn't only allow you to point the feed to the SW alerts? but yea when we did the demo my team was rather annoyed because all it would say is "Solarwinds has a new notification". I guess maybe if you can set a feed on each device it would atleast say "*device name* has a new notification"?

jeremyxmentzell

This got asked on my birthday! WOOO! Man. This years was a good one. So.Much.Pizza. It would've choked out a Ninja Turtle.

thegreateebzies

MobileAdmin is still very much so an active service at SolarWinds. I would use the feature request section of Thwack to put in your requests and help SW prioritize if the product is something you'd love to see grow more significantly.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                                      neighborgeek

Lol.  I asked this question of one of the guys manning the Solarwinds booth at MS Ignite this year, and he didn't even know Solarwinds had a product called Moblie Admin.  He had to look it up on the web site to be sure it was really theirs.  When he looked at the "New in Version 8.2" page and saw that it advertised support for iOS 7, he told me "I think you've got your answer."

okh011

I'm thinking of using MA, but just want to know I'm not wasting my time?  Any advice or active users of MA still out there?