4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2017 10:28 AM by frosty1

Microsoft Windows Network Empty

chostetler

Until recently, DRS has been working great. Then I applied the November update to Windows 10 and no the Microsoft Windows Network no longer displays anything in DRS.  I am using version 12 with both hot patches applied.  Other than applying the update nothing had changed in our environment.  I can still find computers through the Active Directory, but it isn't nearly as convenient.  It is particularly troublesome to find the few computers that are not part of the domain.

Any suggestions for a fix?

Thanks,

Chris

• Re: Microsoft Windows Network Empty
          chostetler

Well it appears the problem is a result of the Windows 10 1511 update.  That broke net view which in turn breaks browsing and thus prevents Dameware from enumerating the computers in Microsoft Windows Network.

I have reviewed a lot of the "solutions" on other forums but nothing has worked so far.

Suggestions??

frosty1

I'm having the same problem, but with Windows 7 Professional. In my case it seems to be since 2017-07 Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB4025341) and/or Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2952664) were installed. I'm going to uninstall them one at a time to see if the problem resolves, so I'll update this with the results.

frosty1

I uninstalled both updates and I'm still having the same problem, so now I'm not sure what the problem might be. Hopefully a solution can be found. Luckily, I have a small network, so I used the import feature under "Favorite Workstations" and pulled in a list (.txt file) of all the computers I manage, so I get the same functionality, just in a different place.