2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2015 2:13 AM by Steven Klassen

Where are the details of an Application stored in the SQL database?

xandurr

I Need to find what credentials each application component is using, when the component is a SQL User Experience Monitor, and what the setting for "Use windows authentication first then sql authentication" is set to.

We have a number of issues where the poller is generating errors on our SQL servers flooding the logs and making it hard to troubleshoot other issues on the SQL server.

If i could find all applications that have incorrect settings i could target my fix across the hundreds of Application Monitors.

Thanks

• Re: Where are the details of an Application stored in the SQL database?
          xandurr

Found it.

Its in a view called APM_ComponentDetails and is stored not as a column, instead there is a column called Key, when the value is __CredentialSetId it matches the ID in the Credential table to provide what Credential is being used. and the Key value for the Windows Auth vs SQL Auth is WindowsAuthentication.

Thanks anyway

• Re: Where are the details of an Application stored in the SQL database?
            Steven Klassen

You can get them from SWQL too. The CredentialName values with NULLs are coded entries (e.g., -3 for inherited). There's a table with the other not-a-credential-ID values in the Orion SDK documentation.

SELECT
                aia.ApplicationID,
                aia.NodeID,
                aia.Node.Caption AS NodeName,
              oc.CredentialType,
                oc.Name AS CredentialName,
                aas.[VALUE] AS CredentialID
            FROM Orion.APM.IIS.Application aia
            JOIN Orion.APM.ApplicationSettings aas
                ON aia.ApplicationID = aas.ApplicationID
            LEFT JOIN Orion.Credential oc ON oc.ID = aas.[Value]
            WHERE aas.[KEY] = 'CredentialSetId'