4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2015 3:44 PM by benzhang

swql is not working in alert email

benzhang

Follow the step to insert swql to send an email -> message -> insert variable -> Define SQL Variable (Advanced)  then add swql query. But it is never working. anyone have an idea how to make it work from simple swql then go to make a little bit complicated ones. thank you.

• Re: swql is not working in alert email
          cjfranca

The port smtp  is enable in server ?

This email send server need autentications, if yes this informations are set inf server to send?

Can you show image with error.?

HolyGuacamole

That option is to insert a custom SQL query, not SWQL.  What exactly are you trying to insert into the alert email? Can you provide more details?

benzhang

I made an alert based on group members and I need to send email to me once the alert triggered. My email setting very well and I can received the alert email but I can not include node name of the members which triggered the alert. That mean I don'd know which node has a problem in group. Actually, no group names or group member names or even node names are available to insert in to the alert email. So I try to use sql to get group member name from database. Unfortunately, it is not working and I found no sql accepted in the email message, though there is Define SQL Variable (Advanced) option when you setup email. Again I used group member alert. thank you everyone.

benzhang

I made an alert based on group members and I need to send email to me once the alert triggered. My email setting very well and I can received the alert email but I can not include node name of the members which triggered the alert. That mean I don'd know which node has a problem in group. Actually, no group names or group member names or even node names are available to insert in to the alert email. So I try to use sql to get group member name from database. Unfortunately, it is not working and I found no sql accepted in the email message, though there is Define SQL Variable (Advanced) option when you setup email. Again I used group member alert. thank you everyone.