1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 1, 2016 3:07 AM by orbit17

“Repeat offenders” Top XX Nodes by...

orbit17

Hi all,

Would like some assistance in writing a report please – that uses the built in Top 10 lists.

I would like to have a report that shows which devices keep making their way into this Memory and CPU view.

I also think this would be a nice default report to be included – perhaps as a feature request?

Thank you
      Craig

• Re: “Repeat offenders” Top XX Nodes by...
          orbit17

I have managed to get something together which is proving very useful to me in my environment.

I dubbed it repeat offenders as I have a need to know which machines are continually hitting high on memory and CPU usage, as this helps me identify which machines are under continuous load - the report identifies how many times a machine exceeds a threshold set on CPU and Memory, and reports on the amount of counts (Hits).

SELECT C.NodeID, N.IP_Address, N.Caption, N.SysName, N.MachineType, COUNT(1) AS [Hits], COUNT(1) * 10 AS [MinutesOnLoad],

MIN(C.DateTime) AS [FirstHit], MAX(C.DateTime) AS [LastHit]

FROM dbo.CPULoad_Detail_20160331 AS C WITH (NOLOCK)

INNER JOIN dbo.Nodes AS N WITH (NOLOCK)

ON C.NodeID = N.NodeID

WHERE C.AvgLoad >= 80

GROUP BY C.NodeID, N.IP_Address, N.Caption, N.SysName, N.MachineType

HAVING COUNT(1) > 2

ORDER BY COUNT(1) DESC

Remember to change the date - FROM dbo.CPULoad_Detail_20160331 AS C WITH (NOLOCK)

Also if you would like to change this to report on Memory - change: WHERE AvgPercentMemoryUsed >= 80 And you can change the threshold in my case, I am using 80% on both Memory and CPU.

Perhaps this will be useful for some of you, and I think this would be nice to have built in.

Thanks Craig