14 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2017 6:51 AM by solomon78

Wireless heat map

slbaker

I have configured a couple of wireless heat maps.

My issue is that when I run the map I get the following error:

Automatic re-generation from 12/1/2015 11:15:59 AM was not successful. Try to generate in the Network Atlas manually and updated map will be visible here.

Last error message: 'There is no available engine to process the WirelessHeatMap generation.'

I am new to Solarwinds and have no idea what I am looking for.

Can someone send me in the right direction?

Thanks

• Re: Wireless heat map
          rschroeder

Unless someone here in Thwack has the answer, I'd suggest you open a Support Case with Solar Winds.  You can always close it, or compare answers if someone provides some ideas here.  At worst you've got multiple experts working for you, with one team guaranteed to get the answer you need, and with the other team potentially working faster for you.

Swift packets!

Rick S.

tony.johnson

Hello

you could try change the default automatic heat map generation time to different hour. You can find it in web console on settings page under "Threshold & Polling" -> Polling Settings and in that page should be section for Wireless HeatMap with the setting "Map Generation Start Time".

Thanks,

Tony

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              silverbacksays

Hey slbaker,

What version of NPM are you running? Have you installed any available hotfixes? If you're not running the most recent version (11.5.3 as of the time of writing), I suggest you patch your install, and see if the issue persists

slbaker

I called support and they were able to resolve the issue.

Just to let everyone know.

Thanks for the help.

silverbacksays

That's good news slbaker! Could you share what the eventual fix was?

solomon78

Hi there

can you share what the SW techs did to assist you please? I'm having the same issue. I've also logged a ticket now - but if you can help sooner that would be great.

Thank you

Kind regards

Ismail

michael malendoski

Hey solomon78,

Below, I listed steps that were provided in an email when I recently opened a case with SW Support:

1. Stop all SW services.
                            2. Browse to the directory C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\JobEngine\Data
                            3. Rename "JobEngine35.sdf" to "JobEngine35.bak".
                            4. Right-click "JobEngine35 - Blank.sdf" and select Copy.
                            5. Paste in the same folder.
                            6. Rename "Copy of JobEngine35 - Blank.sdf" to "JobEngine35.sdf", ensuring you remove the read-only checkbox in properties.
                            7. Launch the Database Manager on the server (All Programs > Solarwinds Orion > Advanced Features > Database Manager).
                            8. Add the default server to the view.
                            9. Connect to the database.
                            10. Expand the NetPerfMon database.
                            11. Scroll down to the table: NPM_NV_WL_APS.
                            12. Right-click the NPM_NV_WL_APS table and select "Query Table".
                            13. At the top of the Query window, select "Read-Write" (results can be edited).
                            14. Modify the query to do the following (NOTE: do these one at a time; also, your database may not have all 5 tables listed below, which is OK):
                              1. DELETE FROM NPM_NV_EW_DEVICE (hit refresh)
                              2. DELETE FROM NPM_NV_WL_CONTROLLERS (hit refresh)
                              3. DELETE FROM NPM_NV_WL_APS (hit refresh)
                              4. DELETE FROM NPM_NV_WL_INTERFACES (hit refresh)
                              5. DELETE FROM NPM_NV_WL_CLIENTS (hit refresh)
                            15. Execute the following two queries against the ENTIRE NPM database:
                              1. DELETE FROM PendingNotifications
                              2. DELETE FROM Subscriptions
                            16. Restart all SW services.
                            17. Execute a rediscovery against all Wireless Controllers in your environment.

After all of the steps above have been performed, your heat map should generate as desired. I hope this helps!!

-Michael