This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Checkpoint Netflow only reporting external interface

I have my Gaia based checkpoint firewall sending netflow data to NTA just fine - but it seems it's only sending my Hide NAT address and no internal IP data. Is that something I misconfigured, can fix, can otherwise address? I would like to see network top talkers, etc but can only get to my public IP level which isn't all that helpful. Thanks!!

• Shameless bump... anyone else using netflow from CP successfully?

• I'm very interested in the answer to this also.  I have several Checkpoint R77.20s (GAIA) running at remote sites that I would like to monitor netflow on.  Like jsilverberg said, the netflow information isn't very useful if the source address is the external IP of the Checkpoint.  I would like to see the real IP of the internal host as the source address on the netflow reporting.

• In the WebGUI of the Checkpoint FW under NetFlow Export you can define a target to export to, and then the "Source Address" where the traffic is coming from (IP).

• jsilverberg I have a Checkpoint Gaia R77.20 Firewall monitored by NPM and NTA

These are the resources that I am monitoring

CheckPoint_NPM resources.jpg

NTA is managing the interfaces as NetFlow sources

CheckPoint_NTA Source.jpg

NTA is getting traffic

Checkpoint Netflow stats.jpg

I can see conversations between my internal clients and the CP firewall, external interfaces and the Internet,

not between the internal clients and the web, but I don't think that would be available via NetFlow (Smartview reporter blade for that)

Top endpoints and pretty much everything else that I can see with any other of my nodes managed by NPM & NTA

I can e-mail you some reports if you like. just PM me your e-mail addresses

• Also,

make sure you have the snmp and netflow configured from the web management console

CP_Netflow exporter1.JPG

CP_Netflow exporter.JPG

CP_SNMP.jpg

I am not sure if the Agent Interface selection is what is limiting the reporting on the external interfaces - what do you guys think?

• Netflow on Check Point firewalls only shows traffic accelerated by SecureXL, so you will never see all of the network traffic.  If you want to see everything you need a switch/router on each side of the firewall running Netflow.

• This is how I have my SW & CheckPoint firewall configured

CP Diagram.JPG

Solarwinds NPM and NTA monitor everything except the ISP Routers

The switches and core router are DELL, which are configured for SFlow, CheckPoint is configured for Netflow v5

when I click on the node for the firewall > network tab > Interface for ISP#1 (eth1) and customize the page to show top XX conversations, I can see

CP_eth0 NTA.jpg

So I can get some insight to the conversations between CheckPoint and the Internet

if I click on the LAN interface, I can see traffic between my internal clients and the CheckPoint firewall

I too would like to see the NAT traffic, so I can tell which internal cleints are communicating with the external websites, but I think that would have to be a CheckPoint report

I hope this helps

• You may need to set the "Manage Netflow Sources" to Show ALL instead of last 15 minutes.

While it only works with SecureXL connection you can adjust the Secure XL Performance to provide more data using the following:sk98722: ATRG: SecureXL