4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2015 5:14 AM by silverbacksays

Alerts import export from 2011.2.1 to 2015.1.2 ???

matifbutt81

Hi-

I am trying to import/export alerts from Orion 2011.2.1 to 2015.1.2

I can see option of import in 2015.1.2 but in 2011.2.1 I don't see any option , also I don't see anything under all programs like advanced alerts in server with 2011.2.1.... I login to solarwind GUI and goto setting to click on Manage alerts. I need to import or recreate these alerts in next week for my company ...

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!2015.PNGCapture.PNG

• Re: Alerts import export from 2011.2.1 to 2015.1.2 ???
          HolyGuacamole

matifbutt81

It looks like your alerts have been migrated already by upgrading to the new version. In the old version, you will need to launch Advanced Alert Manager utility on the SolarWinds server, and you can import / export alerts. You cannot export from an old version, and import it into the new version. When you upgrade, the alerts get migrated automatically.

matifbutt81

alerts didn't not migrated , we installed new version on new server not did upgrade on existing version. so basically we have 2 systems right now, old one and new one ...we are still getting alerts from 2011.2.1 and I am also trying to copying alerts from that to new 2015.1.2 .

HolyGuacamole

Please use the migration instructions to setup the new version, and the alerts will be migrated as part of the upgrade process

Orion Network Performance Monitor Documentation

silverbacksays

If you are migrating to a new server, there are two main options for you:

1. Upgrade in place, as much as possible (not all versions support all OS/SQL server versions, and if you have older versions of both, you may only be able to go so far).

2. If you can't upgrade in place, then you'll be looking to perform the upgrades on the new server, meaning you'll have to select OS/SQL versions that support both the current version you are running, and the most recent version you will be upgrading to, With this option you'll need to copy the database to the new server first, install the current version of NPM that you are running on the old system, then perform the upgrades.

I have performed many migrations in recent years, and have experience with both of them, so if you get stuck I can help.

What you can't do is look to migrate only one aspect of your Orion system (alerts only), as the changes in the alerting engine with 11.x mean old alerts are not compatible with the new system, unless you go through the upgrade process, in which case the old alerts are converted. Prior to 11.x, you could export alert configurations using the Advanced Alert Manager GUI application, and import then on a new system using the same. In 11/x, this has been removed.