1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 17, 2015 2:46 PM by joseph.peters

ResponseTime_Detail not matching Nodes

joseph.peters

I'm seeing an issue where the values which are appearing in the 'Nodes' table are not matching what is stored in the 'ResponseTime_Detail' table.

Looking at a single node in the 'Nodes' table for the last 30 minutes I've been seeing the 'PercentLoss' field fluctuate in value between 10 and 30 but never be zero.  I kept running the query below after each 'NextPoll' time and recording the value:

SELECT nodeid

,caption

,ResponseTime

,AvgResponseTime

,MinResponseTime

,PercentLoss

,LastSync

,NextPoll

FROM [NetPerfMon].[dbo].[Nodes]

where nodeid = 1234

When I compare this to the ResponseTime_Detail table for the same node over the same time range using the query below:

SELECT TOP 1000 [NodeID]

,[DateTime]

,[AvgResponseTime]

,[MinResponseTime]

,[MaxResponseTime]

,[PercentLoss]

,[Availability]

,[Archive]

FROM [NetPerfMon].[dbo].[ResponseTime_Detail]

where nodeid = 1234

and datetime between '2015-11-17 11:00' and '2015-11-17 11:30'

I see the PercentLoss value as 0 over the entire range except for a couple of entries which show 100. 

It is almost as if I'm looking at two different nodes.  Has anyone else seen this before or know why it might be happening?

• Re: ResponseTime_Detail not matching Nodes
          joseph.peters

To document this better I began accumulating snapshots of the Nodes table into a database.  Below is a comparison of what the Nodes table was showing at each timestamp compared to a query against the ResponseTime_Detail table for the same time range.  As you can see there is a period where the Nodes table was reporting packet loss but those same entries are showing 0 packet loss in the ResponseTime_Detail.

SW Mismatch.png