This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

vCenter Server Appliance syslog message levels

My Kiwi Syslog server is receiving syslog messages from my vCSA.  I have not filtered the level of messages being sent.

Kiwi is reporting Emerg level messages being sent by vCSA, but looking inside the messages, they are all at INFO level.  This is causing concern.

Is there some configurations/settings, either on Kiwi or vCSA, that needs to be checked/changed/fixed?

Much appreciated.

J J

• J J,

I would recommend getting a Wireshark capture, and checking the priority there.  If you are seeing Emergency there, you will want to see if you change the priority on the device side.

• I'm not sure what you mean... if the priority field in the message shows Info, but Kiwi has logged it as Emerg, where could the disconnect exist?

If I can investigate each possible scenario first, this would be helpful.

I currently do not have a Wireshark install within my network, nor may not have the approval to install it on the Kiwi server.