1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 23, 2015 1:39 PM by jamison.jennings

Report to include Serial Number and Mac Address

pzjones

Currently, I can run a report from the Configuration Manager that includes the serial numbers of my devices. From Report Writer, I can generate a report that includes MAC addresses. I cannot, however, seem to generate a report in either that includes both the serial numbers and the MAC addresses even with modification to the reports. I cannot find an option to select the serial number from the report writer and I cannot find an option to select the MAC address from the Configuration Manager Report generator

Does anyone know if I am just missing something or if there is a way to do this??? We record System Name, IP Address, Serial Number, and MAC Addresses in a excel spreadsheet. I would like to have Orion generate this report so I know it is up-to-date instead of having to manually review and update...I'm just learning SQL so I'm not good enough yet to write my own report...

Thanks!

• Re: Report to include Serial Number and Mac Address
          jamison.jennings

Taking a stab at this.

I'm assuming it's because a MAC Address wouldn't directly be recorded to the node as much as it would to the interface.

Stick this in a Orion Report Writer Advanced SQL report and see if you can get closer to matching up what you want.

SELECT N.NodeCaption AS "System Name"

, N.AgentIP AS "IP Address"

,I.Caption AS "Interface Caption"

, N.SerialNumber AS "Serial Number"

, I.PhysicalAddress AS "MAC Address"

FROM dbo.NCM_Nodes as N

join dbo.interfaces I on N.CoreNodeID=I.NodeID

WHERE N.SerialNumber IS NOT NULL

Order by N.NodeCaption