4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2015 11:55 AM by ksherrer

Trying to use Custom Procedure Alert - Single Alert Status Return with problems

ksherrer

I am tying to create a custom alert with single alert status return, and have created a procedure with output parameters as required, but are getting The procedure call does not contain the required #ALERTVALUE# parameter.  I am fairly certain that I am just not calling the procedure correctly from the Alert Parameters section and can find no documentation or examples anywhere to help. 

My procedure signature is:

ALTER PROCEDURE alert.OrdersProcessing

@ALERTVALUE varchar(15) OUTPUT,

@ALERTSTRING varchar(200) OUTPUT

AS

and in alert parameters I have simply put... alert.OrdersProcessing

• Re: Trying to use Custom Procedure Alert - Single Alert Status Return with problems
          mandevil

For single metric alerts, we are expecting just one output (a numeric).

For multi numeric alerts, you can have output as 1 alphanumeric and 1 numeric output in that order.

In your case, we're trying to parse 2 outputs where we're only expecting 1.

Try switching to multi numeric alert and you can have your first output be "alert. orders processing" and your second some numeric. See if that gives you the desired results.

• Re: Trying to use Custom Procedure Alert - Single Alert Status Return with problems
              ksherrer

I changed the stored procedure to only have @AlertValue as an output, although when I choose the type Single Alert Status Return, I get the following at the Alert Parameters box mentioning both parameters.  I am still getting "The procedure call does not contain the required #ALERTVALUE# parameter" from the test.  Am I correct to just put the stored procedure name by itself into the alert parameters?  Also, I am using a schema that is not dbo.

Procedure Call - Enter a procedure call with an out parameter defined as #ALERTVALUE# and an optional out parameter of #ALERTSTRING#. The value returned in the #ALERTVALUE# will be used to evaluate the appropriate alert level.