5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2016 5:47 AM by chinmaychavan

WebHelpDesk - Task

awkwardd

Hi!

We'd like to create a task within the WebHelpDesk system that will poll asset status every week or so (depending on the schedule) and if the warranty on the asset is going to expire within a month, create a ticket to alert our technicians that work needs to be performed.

Is this possible and how would one go about setting it up?

Thanks!

• Re: WebHelpDesk - Task
          riv_se

Hi awkwardd,

I do not believe a task is intended to perform this function, nor does it have that specific ability with the use of Action Rules. Below is a possibility of meeting your needs. I used the one licensed account that I don't have assigned to a specific staff/tech, but tied to a support e-mail address that we monitor and open tickets under.

The following is intended for this, minus the creation of a ticket of the Asset:

Under Setup>Assets>Options

Enable Expiration Alerts:

Alert Recipient: Single Tech/Admin

Send Alerts: 1 Month before expiration

To use the Tasks + Action Rules with the above enabled/ setup (possible use case example):

1. Configure your Web Help Desk default account with an e-mail address [Tech/Admin Profile, Primary E-mail] that is configured in/with an Incoming Mail Account [Setup>E-mail>Incoming Mail Accounts]. Further define a Request Type this would be tied to, Tech Group, and Techs within the group.
          2. Using the Asset configuration above, Select the Web Help Desk default account as the Alert Recipient.
            1. When the alert fires off to the e-mail account, the Incoming Mail Account parses the Inbox and creates a ticket under the defined request type.
          3. If the Web Help Desk Incoming Mail Account was parsing additional e-mails beyond this single alert e-mail, then you can consider using Action Rules to define the criteria targeting the Alert content, and subsequent actions (modifying the ticket, changing Request Type Queue, assigning to a specific Tech, etc).
              awkwardd

That looks like exactly what we were looking for.  I'm going to implement and test.

Thank you for the quick reply!!!

D

chinmaychavan

Hi RIV_SE ,

I don't think it is the correct way to do it.

I have done exactly the same configuration as you have mentioned but, it is not creating tickets.

We have seek help from SolarWinds support regarding this and they have clearly mentioned that ticket will not be created if we assign the Incoming Mail ID as Alert Recipient ID.

Can you send me some screenshots of your configuration if possible.

Hi awkwardd,

Have you tested this in your environment?

is it working fine?

Regards,

Chinmay