This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Running reports via API

Is there currently a way to run any reports in Solarwinds using the API and export as CSV to a specific location?  I want to build a script that takes data from the CSV and manipulates it but would rather not have to go into Solarwinds report manager each time I need an updated version of the report, and would like to run the report with a simple API call.  I did a search but found something from over a year ago stating that it was not supported, but was wondering if anything has changed within that time period. Thanks!

• give that most of the reports have some kind of SQL behind them you could always take that, convert it into SWQL, and use the API to pull the data directly.

if you're using the server-based report designer then you can chose 'display SQL' from the designer as a starting point.