This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Find and Change Background Image to a Map

I am new to the SolarWinds NPM and am trying to figure out how to change an existing background image to my Home/Dashboard Map. The current image is not linked and I don't see it in the "Background Images" location using Atlas. Can someone out there help? 

1. Download an image and save it in C:\Users\Public\Pictures\NetworkAtlas Backgrounds
    2. Open Atlas select new network map after it opens select the background image you downloaded and drag drop the objects you want onto the map
    3. Save the map MyNewMap
    4. Go back to NPM and select edit on the Map on the home page there you will see a drop down of maps that are available select MyNewMap and it will appear in your home page.
  • Ok, sounds good. I can add an image. This is great! Can I change the size of the .jpg image?

Also,

I have two more questions:

1. How do I find the current background image if it is not linked and located in the C:\Users\Public\Pictures\NetworkAtlas Backgrounds?

2. If I change a background image using Atlas, will the changes occur globally throughout our network to all the NPM clients or will I need to "Edit" each and every client and select "MyNewMap" for each to see the changes?

Thank you for your help.

• Can I change the size of the .jpg image?

You can edit the image in any photo editor to reduce the size of the image.

How do I find the current background image if it is not linked and located in the C:\Users\Public\Pictures\NetworkAtlas Backgrounds? Not sure by default all images are there in that folder

If I change a background image using Atlas, will the changes occur globally throughout our network to all the NPM clients or will I need to "Edit" each and every client and select "MyNewMap" for each to see the changes?

It will change for all users as long as they have the same default summary view in their user accounts as you do.

• Ok, got it.

I want to be able to customize my own maps, not adding nodes but using the same nodes. All I want to do is add a different enhanced background image to maps that are already created and change the location of the  nodes for my view only. I don't want to change the view of the entire NPM clients. How do I get started?