This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Orion SDK 2.2 released

Orion SDK 2.2 has been released. The main feature in this release is smart autocomplete in SWQL Studio, but there are also various minor bugfixes and improvements.

You can download the installer from GitHub: Release v2.2.54 · solarwinds/OrionSDK · GitHub

You can also install it from Chocolatey (Chocolatey Gallery | SolarWinds Orion SDK 2.2.54 ) using "choco install orionsdk"

Documentation is on the GitHub wiki: Home · solarwinds/OrionSDK Wiki · GitHub

These tools are compatible with all of the same SolarWinds products that the previous release was, so you should have no fear of upgrading. On the other side, Orion SDK 2.1 and several previous releases are compatible with the latest 2017 SolarWinds products, so don't feel like you need to upgrade the Orion SDK just for compatibility.

As always, you can ask your Orion SDK questions in this forum. If you see a bug in the SDK tools, feel free to open an issue on the GitHub project: Issues · solarwinds/OrionSDK · GitHub.

• Great news tdanner ! But I can't find documentation like version history or change log. Is there any information about this?

• Nothing dramatic has changed other than the distribution model. You can see some notes on the Releases page: Releases · solarwinds/OrionSDK · GitHub and more detail if you look at the commit log: Commits · solarwinds/OrionSDK · GitHub.

• tdanner‌,

Where would you like us to feature requests like for more verbs, etc?  Thanks

• Implementation of Verbs and CRUD is not a part of Orion SDK, but of the products itself. SDK is just interface, so requests on particular functionality should be done in appropriate product forum sections or via support ticket.

• Thanks!  FYI, I am asking for imprvoement to volume verbs here:

• Awesome!  I really like the updates.  I was aware of the SDK moving to GitHub a long time ago, but I never realized that the newer versions of the SDK were being only released there as well, so I just went from 1.10 to 2.0.50!  You may want to edit your original post on the Orion SDK Information Thwack post to point to that.  I love Thwack, but I think we all know it isn't the easiest to find stuff on here unless you are specifically looking for it, so it was pretty easy to miss the posts about 2.0 being released until I went looking for the reason I couldn't find some data in SWQL Studio that I knew should have been there.

I have a question as well.  I know it says that the documentation no longer comes with the SDK now and that the Wiki is where it is, but unless I'm missing something the Wiki doesn't seem to have all of the documentation that the old 46 page PDF did.  Is that on purpose?  Luckily I have a copy of the PDF saved in another folder (very lucky since upgrading the SDK deleted the documentation from the install directory that it used to be in...), but when showing the SDK to a client last week I really had trouble finding some items on the Wiki that were in the original document.  If it is all there, it seems kind of spread out and not as well organized (like having to link back to a Thwack post for information on SWQL).

Anyways, great work!  Thank you a lot and I can't wait to see more!

• The intention is for the wiki to replace all the parts of the pdf that are worth keeping. I deliberately skipped the SOAP-related information. The SOAP endpoint for SWIS is not going away, but I am trying to steer new users to either the JSON or PowerShell methods. SOAP has proved very troublesome to support.

Could I ask which section of the pdf you wanted to refer to? If I've missed something useful in the move to the wiki, I'd like to fill in the gaps.

The "SDK 2.0 is on GitHub" post is the "featured" post in the SDK forum, but google searches for "solarwinds sdk" or "solarwinds api" still take you to the old 1.10 post. I'll get that updated. Please let me know if you find any other links or postings that should be updated.

• Where is the list of all the functions that SWQL supports?  Like the date related items and such.  Haven't been able to find it in the WIKI, but it was quite easy to find in the PDF...

• A curious omission that I have now fixed. SWQL Functions · solarwinds/OrionSDK Wiki · GitHub

Please let me know if the descriptions need enhancing or examples added.

• Hi, I'm posting this here because it may get more visibility.

Interfaces Custom Properties URI is NULL

Does anyone have any idea what is going on with the NULL URIs in the Interface custom properties table?