35 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2017 11:28 AM by tdanner

Orion SDK 2.2 released

tdanner

Orion SDK 2.2 has been released. The main feature in this release is smart autocomplete in SWQL Studio, but there are also various minor bugfixes and improvements.

You can download the installer from GitHub: Release v2.2.54 · solarwinds/OrionSDK · GitHub

You can also install it from Chocolatey (Chocolatey Gallery | SolarWinds Orion SDK 2.2.54 ) using "choco install orionsdk"

Documentation is on the GitHub wiki: Home · solarwinds/OrionSDK Wiki · GitHub

These tools are compatible with all of the same SolarWinds products that the previous release was, so you should have no fear of upgrading. On the other side, Orion SDK 2.1 and several previous releases are compatible with the latest 2017 SolarWinds products, so don't feel like you need to upgrade the Orion SDK just for compatibility.

As always, you can ask your Orion SDK questions in this forum. If you see a bug in the SDK tools, feel free to open an issue on the GitHub project: Issues · solarwinds/OrionSDK · GitHub.

• Re: Orion SDK 2.0 released on GitHub
          juniordev

Great news tdanner ! But I can't find documentation like version history or change log. Is there any information about this?

johnny ringo

tdanner,

Where would you like us to feature requests like for more verbs, etc?  Thanks

humejo

Awesome!  I really like the updates.  I was aware of the SDK moving to GitHub a long time ago, but I never realized that the newer versions of the SDK were being only released there as well, so I just went from 1.10 to 2.0.50!  You may want to edit your original post on the Orion SDK Information Thwack post to point to that.  I love Thwack, but I think we all know it isn't the easiest to find stuff on here unless you are specifically looking for it, so it was pretty easy to miss the posts about 2.0 being released until I went looking for the reason I couldn't find some data in SWQL Studio that I knew should have been there.

I have a question as well.  I know it says that the documentation no longer comes with the SDK now and that the Wiki is where it is, but unless I'm missing something the Wiki doesn't seem to have all of the documentation that the old 46 page PDF did.  Is that on purpose?  Luckily I have a copy of the PDF saved in another folder (very lucky since upgrading the SDK deleted the documentation from the install directory that it used to be in...), but when showing the SDK to a client last week I really had trouble finding some items on the Wiki that were in the original document.  If it is all there, it seems kind of spread out and not as well organized (like having to link back to a Thwack post for information on SWQL).

Anyways, great work!  Thank you a lot and I can't wait to see more!

tdanner

The intention is for the wiki to replace all the parts of the pdf that are worth keeping. I deliberately skipped the SOAP-related information. The SOAP endpoint for SWIS is not going away, but I am trying to steer new users to either the JSON or PowerShell methods. SOAP has proved very troublesome to support.

Could I ask which section of the pdf you wanted to refer to? If I've missed something useful in the move to the wiki, I'd like to fill in the gaps.

The "SDK 2.0 is on GitHub" post is the "featured" post in the SDK forum, but google searches for "solarwinds sdk" or "solarwinds api" still take you to the old 1.10 post. I'll get that updated. Please let me know if you find any other links or postings that should be updated.

rgeist

Hi, I'm posting this here because it may get more visibility.

Interfaces Custom Properties URI is NULL

Does anyone have any idea what is going on with the NULL URIs in the Interface custom properties table?

vikkyg86

heya, I am trying to execute a pollnow on the nodes but i keep getting these errors?

this is my PS code:

Invoke-SwisVerb $swis "Orion.Nodes" "PollNow" @($NodeID.ToString())

tried it in SWQL same problem.

- <Fault xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope">

- <Code>

<Value>Sender</Value>

</Code>

- <Reason>

<Text xml:lang="en-US">Orion.Nodes.PollNow failed, check fault information. ProvideFault failed, check fault information.</Text>

</Reason>

- <Detail>

- <InformationServiceFaultContract xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://schemas.solarwinds.com/2007/08/informationservice">

<Message>ProvideFault failed, check fault information.</Message>

</InformationServiceFaultContract>

</Detail>

</Fault>

bluefunelemental

tdanner - One piece of documentation I have not been able to find is around REST Query with Parameters Request usage. For example I want to include a SWQL query filtered on say nodeID IN (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) and have not been able to get the parameter to take the ( character.

Thoughts?

armandomaya

Hi everyone,

The Orion SDK is supported by maintenance contract??

All the best!Armando

• Re: Orion SDK 2.2 released
                          mlandman

Here is a feature/functional request...

in SQL we have single character wild cards, RIGHT(), LEFT() and ISNUMERIC().

It would be great to have these in SWQL.

I use these a lot to evaluate host names to decode the name to its functionality.

j_dennis

I am having issues setting up the powershell snapin. I ran the Orion SDK install but the snapin did not get added. I am running on Windows 10/PowerShell 5 so that may be causing issues. See below:

PS C:\Users\username> Add-PSSnapin SwisSnapin

Add-PSSnapin : No snap-ins have been registered for Windows PowerShell version 5.

At line:1 char:1

+ Add-PSSnapin SwisSnapin

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (SwisSnapin:String) [Add-PSSnapin], PSArgumentException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : AddPSSnapInRead,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.AddPSSnapinCommand

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319> C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\InstallUtil.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion SDK\SWQL Studio\SwisPowerShell.dll"

Microsoft (R) .NET Framework Installation utility Version 4.6.1586.0

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Running a transacted installation.

Beginning the Install phase of the installation.

See the contents of the log file for the C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion SDK\SWQL Studio\SwisPowerShell.dll assembly's progress.

The file is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion SDK\SWQL Studio\SwisPowerShell.InstallLog.

Installing assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion SDK\SWQL Studio\SwisPowerShell.dll'.

Affected parameters are:

logtoconsole =

logfile = C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\SwisPowerShell.InstallLog

assemblypath = C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion SDK\SWQL Studio\SwisPowerShell.dll

An exception occurred during the Install phase.

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion SDK\SWQL Studio\SwisPowerShell.InstallState' is denied.

The Rollback phase of the installation is beginning.

See the contents of the log file for the C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion SDK\SWQL Studio\SwisPowerShell.dll assembly's progress.

The file is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion SDK\SWQL Studio\SwisPowerShell.InstallLog.

Rolling back assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion SDK\SWQL Studio\SwisPowerShell.dll'.

Affected parameters are:

logtoconsole =

logfile = C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\SwisPowerShell.InstallLog

assemblypath = C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion SDK\SWQL Studio\SwisPowerShell.dll

An exception occurred during the Rollback phase of the System.Configuration.Install.AssemblyInstaller installer.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion SDK\SWQL Studio\SwisPowerShell.InstallState'.

An exception occurred during the Rollback phase of the installation. This exception will be ignored and the rollback will continue. However, the machine might not fully revert to its initial state after the rollback is complete.

The Rollback phase completed successfully.

The transacted install has completed.

The installation failed, and the rollback has been performed.

tdanner

Add-PSSnapin : No snap-ins have been registered for Windows PowerShell version 5.

PowerShell snapin registration is separate for 32-bit and 64-bit shells. The installer should have registered both, but apparently it failed. When you register it manually, run both versions of installutil.exe.

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion SDK\SWQL Studio\SwisPowerShell.InstallState' is denied.

This could be caused by UAC - you need to run installutil.exe from an elevated shell.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                Jeremiah Holland

IPAM API Help!

I'm trying to update the Status of multiple IPs in IPAM at one time.  I have a list of IPs that i want updated from "Available" to "Used" called, IP.txt, and i can see that manually, i can go IP by IP and change the status of the IP availability, with the Invoke-SwisVerb $swis IPAM.SubnetManagement ChangeIPStatus @("10.0.0.1)", "Used"). I've created a variable that can display all the IPs, by using  $IPList = Get-Content -Path C:\.IP.txt and i can display the list by just typing $IPList.  However, when i try to use the Invoke Change IP Status command referencing the list of IPs via variable,  Invoke-SwisVerb $swis IPAM.SubnetManagement ChangeIPStatus @("$IPList", "Used"), i get the error that "Invoke-SiwsVerb : IP Address is not valid".

Does the "IP Address" have to be defined as an actual IP address in this case, or could i use that list to reference all the IPs i want to update, and I'm just using it incorrectly?

If I would have to manually enter in each IP per command, would there be a way to have Powershell generate each individual command where it puts all the instances of the command it would need? For example, Powershell reads the IP List, and knows that for each IP on that list, to generate in a text document the command with it's IP in it, Invoke-SwisVerb $swis IPAM.SubnetManagement ChangeIPStatus @("10.0.0.1", "Used"), Invoke-SwisVerb $swis IPAM.SubnetManagement ChangeIPStatus @("10.0.0.2", "Used") and so for .3, .4, .5, etc).

Thanks for the help! Newbie to powershell, but i'm getting more familiar with it. I was hoping i could just generate a simple IP_Address query from orion.nodes and mark all of those IPs as Used, but i can't seem to use that IP List i created.

Thanks!

loftyyy

The communication object,

System.ServiceModel.Security.SecuritySessionClientSettings'1+ClientSecurityDuplexSes

sionChannel[System.ServiceModel.Channels.IDuplexSesionChannel], cannot be used for communication because it is in the Faulted state.

error when using aggregate functions in swql studio